Seth Lenzi <le...@jimmy.harvard.edu> wrote:

>I'm using Tomcat v7.0.14, Apache v2.2.17, and mod_jk v1.2.30.
>
>The Servlet I have does not implement CometProcessor. It's just a
>regular HttpServlet which creates an AsyncContext from the
>HttpServletRequest object. Like the example Servlet at this page,
>http://developerlife.com/tutorials/?p=1437
>
>It does work nicely when accessed directly from Tomcat on port 8080...
>Only throws the IllegalStateExeception when going through Apache +
>mod_jk. I'm using the default HTTP connector, no NIO API... Since it
>was
>working through Tomcat I figured I didn't need the NIO HTTP connector.
>
>Thanks for your reply.
>
>-S
>

>On 6/6/2011 4:49 PM, André Warnier wrote:
>> Seth Lenzi wrote:
>>> Anyone here have any experience with asynchronous servlets under a
>>> Tomcat that's linked to Apache via mod_jk? I have an asynchronous
>>> servlet that's working nicely when accessed directly from Tomcat,
>but,
>>> when I access it by going through Apache and mod_jk the
>>> ServletRequest.startAsync() function call throws an
>>> IllegalStateException saying the feature is not supported.
>>>
>> You do not give a clue about which version of Tomcat you are using,
>but
>> this may provide an explanation :
>> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/aio.html
Tomcat 7 has passed the Servlet TCK with all possible combinations of protocol
(HTTP, AJP), connector implementation (BIO, NIO, APR) and httpd module (mod_jk,
mod_proxy_http, mod_proxy_ajp).

Asynchronous servlets work in all combinations.

The best thing to do is create the simplest possible test case (ie a single
Servlet) that demonstrates this issue and attach it to a bugzilla issue.

Mark