Hello,

The Tomcat 6.0 Clustering/Session Replication HOW-TO states "Make sure
that your loadbalancer is configured for sticky session mode".

However if I configure my Tomcat cluster to have session replication, why
would sticky sessions be required ?

I can see cases where sticky sessions are for performance a better option,
I might have some DB cache not connected to the session or some
non-serialized data. However provided that I store all session data in the
session object and have all data serializable is sticky session mode in
the LB really a requirement and if so why ?

Best regards
Pontus Ullgren