> From: D'Anna, Rich (PHH) [mailto:Rich.D'a...@phh.com]
> Subject: Problem with SSL certificate

> Just a quick run down of the version and specs:

Thanks for that; many often forget to provide this basic information.

> Apache Tomcat 6.0.18
> JVM version Sun 1.6.0_13-b03

Both of the above are a good bit out of date; you should consider upgrading.

> We recently stood up a Tomcat instance to enable SSL for a new app.

Before going any further, we need to know if you're using the native APR
connector or not.  You can look in the Tomcat logs to see if it's active or not
found when Tomcat starts up.  The SSL configuration and certificate handling
are completely different when APR is in use.

For the Java connector:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/ssl-howto.html

For the native one:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/apr.html#HTTPS