> From: Dark Before Dawn [mailto:dark.before.d...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 7 Embedded: Manager

> i guess the problem is that the manager-servlet's context is
> "mounted" at root

I think right there we have a conceptual problem, or at least a terminology
one.  Webapps aren't "mounted" in the sense things are in httpd; every webapp
in a servlet container is independent of the other webapps, and each webapp has
_one_ unique URI path to select the webapp; normally, the path is also used as
the deployment location (docBase, in Tomcat terminology).  The exception is the
default webapp, which must be deployed as ROOT - case sensitive - in Tomcat,
and has an empty path; it is selected only when no other webapp paths can be
matched to the request URI.

Servlet mappings exist _within_ a webapp, and do not include the webapp path,
so that the same webapp can be deployed under different paths as needed without
changing the deployment descriptor.  Consequently, mappings for servlets within
the manager webapp are of the form "/html/*" and "/text/*" rather than
"/manager/html/*" and "/manager/text/*".

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.