Hi Pid,

I don't know which request triggered that NPE. I guess it was on the first
request after deploying the webapp, all following requests worked fine. I
got that NPE 2 times, both times it appeared ca. 3 seconds after deploying
the webapp.
After I restarted Tomcat, the NPE didn't appear anymore.

My Tomcat config has the following changes compared to the original:
- Ports of the HTTP and AJP connector are changed
- I use the "URIEncoding" attribute on both the HTTP and AJP connector, like
this:
  <Connector port="8019" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8743"
URIEncoding="UTF-8" />
- I declared the CrawlerSessionManagerValve at Engine level in server.xml:
  <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.CrawlerSessionManagerValve"/>
- I have several virual hosts declared in server.xml like this:
  <Host name="the_name"  appBase="some_directory" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true">
    <Alias>some_alias</Alias>
  </Host>
  (the web application on which the error occurred was deployed to one of
the virtual hosts).
- I don't have any AccessLogValve declared.
- I disabled session persistence by adding <Manager pathname="" /> in
context.xml.

I am using the ISAPI Redirector 1.2.32 with IIS 7.0 on Windows Server 2008
(32 bit), with Sun Java 1.6.0_26, and I'm using the Tomcat Native library
1.2.20. All requests to the webapps go through the ISAPI redirector.

It seems to me that originally another Exception occurred, but has been
suppressed by that NPE when Tomcat tried to log it.

Thanks for your answers.

Konstantin Preißer