On 08/07/2011 11:07, peterjca wrote:

> Yes, I do mean duplicate requests. I know they are duplicates because the
> header contains the unique (thread-safe) counter that my test harness
> increments. Each request should contain its unique "request count", but some
> requests contain counts already seen before -- hence they are being
> duplicated/resent for some reason by something which is not my web app nor
> my test harness.
>
> I maintain a unique thread-safe count in the test harness. That shows the
> test is sending the correct number of requests.

I'm not sure that's a safe assumption.  It most likely only shows that
the test is sending the right number of requests, rather than that the
IO component it relies on is performing correctly.

If you're saying that Tomcat is seeing the same headers in multiple
requests it points to the client resending the request.

Tomcat doesn't arbitrarily resend a request to itself if a timeout occurs.

Can you use a network sniffer to inspect the network traffic to Tomcat?