Thanks for the reply, André.

It is Red Hat Linux.

-----Original Message-----
From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:12 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Binary of mod_jk.so for Apache 2.2.x

Leffingwell, Jonathan R CTR FRCSE, JAX 7.2.2 wrote:
> I don't know the first thing about compiling on Linux.  I just want to drop a
> compiled mod_jk.so into the modules directory.  Where can I find the binary,
> not the source?  Thanks!

What "kind" of Linux ?

explanation: most Linux "distributions" (RedHat, Suse, Debian, Ubuntu,..) have
what is
called a "software package manager" utility, which is a special tool to install
software
on the system.  It will usually get the desired binary modules, already
compiled and
configured, from some repository (often on the web), and install it for you.
It is the easiest and quickest way of installing software on Linux systems.

For example, if your system is a Debian or Ubuntu Linux, the following command
would
download and install mod_jk :

apt-get install libapache2-mod-jk