----- Original Message -----

An addendum concerning building mod_jk on a RedHat based system:

RedHat often (always?) splits libraries from their associated include files and
development resources. It really doesn't save a lot of space, so I guess the
only reason is to create a clean production (read, can't build software here)
environment.

In order to build mod_jk on Fedora (and probably CentOS, RedHat EL), you'll
need to have the following installed (plus the normal development tools).

httpd-devel (provides /usr/sbin/apxs
apr-devel (provides the appropriate include files)
apr (required by apr-devel)
apr-util-devel (required by httpd-devel)
apr-util (required by apr-util)

There are other requirements buried in the list above, but if your admin
installed these yum should pull in the requirements.

It's good to have a development system that mirrors the software versions
running on the production system, with the addition of all the development
libraries and tools.

. . . . just my two cents.

/mde/