----- Original Message -----

Andre, it doesn't surprise me that this channel is a paid for support channel.
Did anyone troll through the JBoss community pages to see if there is a mod_jk
package? I don't know how sensitive your customer is to using
community-supported software from JBoss / RedHat (if it exists).

Chris, maybe a pointer on the following pages:

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-connectors.cgi

to a Wiki page detailing third party compiled binaries? Have a disclaimer on
the above two pages stating that binaries for the connectors are not normally
supplied, and the Wiki page contains information on binaries for various
platforms.

There are a lot of potential problems with this, including implied endorsement
by ASF for third party binaries (would a disclaimer be sufficient?), spam, and
infected binaries.

Another approach would be to have Wiki pages with detailed build or
installation instructions for each platform. The pages could then reference
distribution channels (Debian/Ubuntu/OpenSuse), commercial channels (RedHat),
requirements for compiling from source (RedHat, CentOS, Fedora).

Just some random thoughts . . . .

/mde/

And yes, I'll try to write up a Fedora compilation one (which should work for
RedHat, CentOS, Scientific Linux). It may take me a bit, since I'm a software
pack rat, and this system pretty much has everything under the -hat- installed.