Von: Alexander Diedler [mailto:adied...@tecracer.de]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2011 08:59
An: users@tomcat.apache.org
Betreff: Redeployment of war File stopps suddenly

Hello,

We have a big problem with deployment over war in a Tomcat 6.0.32. If there
is no application yet, the initial upload through the manger works. If we
redeploy the running application again, the undeploy process fails and we
have a half installation, in the Manager the application name is empty. To
get free out of this situation, we have to click three times to "undeploy"
and then all files are deleted and the Context Descriptor will be deleted.

War File named ROOT.war resists in D:/tecracer/apps/apps1

The deployed file in /conf/Catalina/app1/ROOT.xml contains:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Context path="" docBase="D:/tecracer/apps/app1/" privileged="true"
reloadable="true" unpackWAR="true" antiJARLocking="true">

[.]

In the Server.xml we have inside the Engine:

<Host name="app1 " appBase="D:/tecracer/apps/app1" unpackWARs="true"
deployOnStartup="true">

                                  <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve" directory="logs"

               prefix="app1_access_log." suffix=".txt" pattern="common"
resolveHosts="false"/>

</Host>

Do we make a thinking mistake in the understanding of automatical
deployment?

Greetings

Alexander Diedler