On 27/07/2011 09:10, Vibhor Kumar Agarwal wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> Looking for an option to find the user name opening the web server portal.
> Don't want to authenticate via LDAP, NIS, etc.

That is logically impossible. If a client hasn't authenticated there is
no user associated with the request and therefore no user name.

> Does the web server know the login id of windows?

Windows is an operating system. It doesn't have a have a "login id".
Users (and other entities) do. I assume you mean "Does Tomcat know the
Windows user name of the user making the current request?". Again,
simply not possible without authentication.

The closest you'll get to what you are looking for is this:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-auth-howto.html

Mark