On 27/07/2011 17:06, David Wolverton wrote:
> Thanks Ognjen,
>
> Using 'reloadable' does cause the resources to update. However, this is not
> the solution I am looking for because it does this by reloading the webapp.

The classloader initialises at loadtime, in order to release resources
and load new ones, the classloader has to be reinitialised.

The URLClassLoader has an .addURL() method, but no corresponding
.removeURL() method, so there's no way to ensure that class
archive/resource has been released, without entirely replacing the
classloader.

> It can take a lot of time for the webapp to restart and cause other side
> effects, so I would prefer not to have to do this.
>
> Anyone have any other insight? Should I file a bugzilla feature request?

To do what?