Mladen -

Thanks a lot. Firstly, I concede that after five years of living in the UK
I still can't read and understand Apache manuals. Take, for instance,
the subtleties in interpreting the meaning of the noun 'inheritance'.

In one sense I thought it means the deceased pass on property
to their decendants. Clearly that wasn't the case with mod_jk2. Nor
would it seem that in the speak of object oriented languages the superclass
itself does not regularly expose the properties that subclasses adopt.
Unless, perhaps, in the case of C++ private inheritance.

Still, you solved my problem. I had to put in mounts

JkMount  /myapp/front/* worker1
JkMount  /myapp worker1
JkMount  /myapp/ worker1
JkMount  /myapp/front worker1
JkMount  /myapp/front/ worker1

at global level and then add a line

JkMountCopy On

in virtual hosts.

This exposes the servlets at virtual host level but not globally.

On the gmane <= 80 chars per line mailing interface I can only offer
my condolences.

Cheers!