On 04.08.2011 18:26, Alec Swan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are experiencing a problem on our production servers causing our
> HTTP clients to hang. I apologize for cross-posting with Metro forum
> but this is a critical problem for us.
>
> It looks like client SOAP HTTP requests get dropped/terminated by
> Tomcat or metro without notifying the client that request was
> terminated leaving the client waiting indefinitely for response.
>
> Here is what we observed:
> 1. Client makes a SOAP call to the server
> 2. Tomcat receives HTTP request and we can see it listed on Tomcat Manager
> page
> 3. After about 5 minutes HTTP request disappears from the list of
> active HTTP request
> 4. The client is still waiting for response

300 seconds sounds like the default Timeout of the Apache Web Server. Is
there an Apache reverse proxy or something similar between the Client
and Tomcat?

As André said: Tomcat has no Timeout on processing the request. If the
request is received and the servlet is processing it, it will not
interrupt it, close the connection or similar.

Regards,

Rainer