From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.koli...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 8:59 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat not conforming to Servlet spec 2.4+ in regards to
jsp:include

2011/8/8 Nadav Katz <nadav.k...@oracle.com>:
\>
> I have a filter in place for validating CSRF tokens. I only wish to validate
> requests coming from the client, so no validation for dynamic includes or
> forwards. My web.xml for the filter looks like this:
>
> <filter-mapping>
>         <filter-name>CSRFFilter</filter-name>
>         <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
>         <servlet-name>SomeServlet</servlet-name>
> </filter-mapping>
>
>(...)
>
> <jsp:include page="/SomeServlet" flush="true" >
>         <jsp:param name="action" value="9" />
>     </jsp:include>

What if you remove "<url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>" line from the
above filter-mapping?

BTW, to strictly follow the specs, one has to run Tomcat with
org.apache.catalina.STRICT_SERVLET_COMPLIANCE=true
-- see System Properties page in Configuration Reference. You can add
the above line to catalina.properties. It should not change anything
for this use case though.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko