Petr Hracek wrote:
Dear user,

I am using tomcat 5.5.29 (I now that it is pretty old)
but I would like to start them so that -security will be turn off.

I think that by default it is turned off.

I am starting them over /usr/share/tomcat5/bin/catalina.sh start -security
Could not load Logmanager "org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager"
Have you tried "/usr/share/tomcat5/bin/catalina.sh start" ?

Note that the "security on/off" means the *Java JVM's* security manager on/off. It's not a Tomcat thing, it's a Java thing.