2011/8/19 Kumar, Kiran P <kiran.p.kumar...@nielsen.com>

> Team,
> We are migrating form tomcat 5x to 7.0.8
> In Tomcat 5.0 we are defining the url below
> url =
> "<path>/APReports/servlet/com.nielsenmedia.umi.ap.hwsw.QuerySWServlet";  and
> sending the  request using the ajax
> Like o.open("POST", url , true);
> So I am not getting any problem in Tomcat 5
> In Tomcat7, I am getting below error
>
> What are the changes required  to do in  Tomcat 7.0.8.

Do not use invoker servlet. It is broken by design. You have to
provide mappings for all your servlets explicitly, e.g.:

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>QuerySWServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.nielsenmedia.umi.ap.hwsw.QuerySWServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>QuerySWServlet</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/servlet/com.nielsenmedia.umi.ap.hwsw.QuerySWServlet</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

(servlet name can be arbitrary but must be the same between <servlet>
and <servlet-mapping>).

See here for longer story, and it is also mentioned in the FAQ:
http://www.coderanch.com/how-to/java/InvokerServlet

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko