2011/8/29 Sammy MT Lau <sammy...@hk1.ibm.com>:

> I've read some articles regarding to the parallel deployment of tomcat 7.
> From what I've read, enabling parallel deployment requires the enablement
> of tomcat session as well. However, the API server and client I'm working
> with don't do any session management using the tomcat session. Therefore,
> I've the tomcat session disabled. So, what's the behaviour of parallel
> deployment when I just turned on the tomcat session without having the
> client ever do anything with the session id in url or cookie. In that case,
> all of the requests coming to the tomcat doesn't have any session info. I'm
> going to do some tests but if someone on the list could shed me some light
> on this would be highly appreciated.

If there is no session, then all requests will be served by the latest
version of webapp.

In essence: after a new version of webapp starts up you can
immediately shut down the old version. Without parallel deployment you
would have to undeploy the old version before deploying the new one.

More details about this feature are on the "Context" page in the
configuration reference.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko