> From: Jesse Farinacci [mailto:jie...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Prevent Deployment

> I'm using Tomcat 7.0.20 on IBM JDK 1.6.x.

Thanks for telling us; many don't bother.

> For historical reasons, I have some folders which are inside webapps.

Do you mean they are under the <Host> appBase directory, or inside individual
webapps?

Your further comments seem to imply the former, so we'll assume that for now.

> it would be very nice if I could prevent Tomcat from deploying
> a particular folder or name pattern.

I don't believe there's a way to do this directly, but you might try the
following:

1) change the <Host> appBase directory to something innocuous, and don't put
anything in it

2) create a file for each webapp that you do want deployed in
conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml

3) inside each [appName].xml file, place a <Context> element with a docBase
attribute pointing to the location of the webapp

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.