Looking at the Connector configuration options I'm having trouble
reconciling the description of socket.soLingerOn and connectionLinger [1]

connectionLinger: The number of milliseconds during which the sockets
used by this Connector will linger when they are closed. The default
value is -1 (socket linger is disabled).

socket.soLingerOn=(bool)Boolean value for the sockets so linger option
(SO_LINGER). Default value is true. This option is paired with the
soLingerTime value.

So it sounds like connectionLinger is just a way of setting
socket.soLingerOn, but then it would be redundant to have two options.
Are they about different sockets?  The defaults are also opposites.  If
both options affect SO_LINGER time, which takes precedence?

Also, the units of connectionLinger are milliseconds, but
java.net.Socket#setSoLinger uses seconds, so I'm not sure how greater
than second precision could be achieved.

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html