What do you mean it will slow down?

We have an application which saves about 5 MB of data in session when user
is working with some portion of application, so when about 200 users login
we go about 1 GB of ram and Tomcat starts running out of heap memory, as all
the session data goes in heap memory,

So i was hoping if i can persist the data in database, then i can free up
some heap memory from tomcat.

Will this work? or tomcat will have session in Heap Memory only even if i
prefer to persist to write it in database

Ashish

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 5:16 PM, Christopher Schultz <