On 22/09/2011 13:56, Shanti Suresh wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> You will have to expire/invalidate the session in the code upon user logout.
>  This way when the cookie comes in, there is no corresponding session-ID and
> the system will create a new session.  Are you doing that already?  Does that
> help?
>
>              -Shanti
>
> On Sep 20, 2011, at 1:20 PM, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>
> Martin,

> You mean to say that you are using your own authentication mechanism,
> right?

I think we should clarify what is really happening.

The code sample above implies authentication is occurring.
If authentication is successful, the userid is then stored in a cookie.
The OP states that cookie data is used to display personalised lists of
information.

Martin: how is the data being stored in a cookie - do you mean a custom
cookie, or are you referring to the cookie generated for the session?

Can you show a code sample of how the userid is retrieved from the cookie?