Hello all!

First and foremost, forgive me if my method of delivery hasn't followed the
normal protocol (this is my first time doing this).

Secondly, the server I'll be deploying my web apps to is a Red Hat box with
2 instances of a single Tomcat 6 installation on it. These instances provide
our team with the capabilities they need to move along the migration
sequence during testing, but the problem is that each instance directory
(i.e. - "/usr/tomcat/test1" and "/usr/tomcat/test2") lack working "lib"
directories with which to load jar files from. We need this.

Is this type of capability or "segregation of class loading" managed through
the use of that CATALINA.PROPERTIES file? If so, does this imply that each
instance directory must have one placed within their "conf" directories? If
so, what directives must be used in each?

Here's the basic structure of our setup as it stands:

*PRIMARY / GLOBAL OUT-OF-THE-BOX TOMCAT FILES -*
/usr/tomcat
/usr/tomcat/conf+lib
/usr/tomcat/conf/catalina.
properties
(The lib directory at this level *IS* working.)

*DEMARCATION 1 / TEST1-SPECIFIC FILES -*
/usr/tomcat/test1
/usr/tomcat/test1/lib+conf+webapps+...
(We need the lib directory to work.)

*DEMARCATION 2 / TEST2-SPECIFIC FILES -*
/usr/tomcat/test2
/usr/tomcat/test2/lib+conf+webapps+...
(We need the lib directory to work.)

The *only* truly active catalina.properties file we have right now in
working order (at the time of this posting) is in / on the primary level
inside the conf directory and it has the following uncommented lines:

package.access=sun.,org.apache.catalina.,org.apache.coyote.,org.apache.tomcat.,org.apache.jasper.,sun.beans.
package.definition=sun.,java.,org.apache.catalina.,org.apache.coyote.,org.apache.tomcat.,org.apache.jasper.

common.loader=${catalina.base}/lib,${catalina.base}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar
server.loader=
shared.loader=
tomcat.util.buf.StringCache.byte.enabled=true

Do any of you have any idea how to make this work?

Regards,

Casey J. Burk
www.caseyburk.com