2011/9/27 Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX <leodona...@mail.maricopa.gov>:
> Tomcat 6.0.32 and 6.0.33 32-bit windows zip - Windows XP Pro
>
> [OT] I was experimenting with trying to profile memory on Tomcat when it is
> started via a Windows Service using jvisualvm.exe  Profiling tomcat memory
> using visualvm works great when Tomcat is started as a script using the
> startup.bat.  I've seen several articles that talk about profiling Tomcat as
> a windows service relating to the CATALINA_TMPDIR directory vs the windows
> tmp directory and other articles that talk about the account under which
> Tomcat is started vs the account under which the visualvm.exe is started.  I
> have not changed anything in catalina.bat at this point, or anything else -
> these were fresh downloads and checksums verified.
> http://blogs.oracle.com/nbprofiler/entry/monitoring_java_processes_running_as
> http://mballantyne.blogspot.com/2011/05/profiling-tomcat-with-visualvm-on-mac.html
>  [/OT]
>
> Running the shutdown.bat script, on .32 and .33, hung at trying to stop the
> coyote connector, which then produces the error message in the command prompt
> window "endpoint.warn.unlockAcceptorFailed" over and over.

It is strange. It should occur once (after 30 seconds delay). Maybe
shutting down the server socket is not enough to break the Acceptor
thread...

I think a thread dump is needed to diagnose this.
(Especially what Apr Acceptor thread is doing).

Your report sounds as if it is reproducible.

Missing message is certainly a small bug.

> Tomcat 7.0.21 32-bit windows zip starting and stopping via the startup and
> shutdown scripts doesn't give me this problem.
>
> Any ideas what could be wrong?  Windows firewall maybe?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko