We have finished debugging this issue. It turns out that what is happening is in 7.0.21 responses are returning to the client before the filter chain is complete. In 7.0.20 all filters complete before the response is returned to the client.

In our particular case, we have a TransactionFilter managing our DB transactions, so the response page was rendering before the DB transaction was commited giving the appearance that the post didn't succeed.

I think this is a MAJOR regression in 7.0.21.

Jacob Champlin