Hi,

I am logging all local host access using the following config:

 <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve" directory="logs"
               prefix="localhost_access_log." suffix=".txt"
               pattern='%h %l %u %{userObject}s %t "%r" %s %b'
resolveHosts="false"/>

The userObject HttpSession attribute is a Java Object and right now it
is logging it by calling its toString method.

I wanted to log a specific property of that object (userId) so I tried
 %{userObject.userId}s but that did not print anything.

Is it possible to log properties of an object that is in session?  I
can add the information to the toString method but I want avoid that
for now (I would have to re check the whole application 1500+ pages to
make sure that it is not called anywhere else).

Thanks,

Rich