2011/10/2 Francis GALIEGUE <f...@one2team.com>:
> Hello list,
>
> Given the problems I've had with the RemoteAddrValve, I have decided
> to try my hands at implementing a more sophisticated valve which acts
> more like Apache's allow/deny and which takes netmasks as arguments.
>
> Note, it has been compile tested only (in my IDE, mind), and I have
> tested that it essentially works using a main() (not in the patch).
> Right now I'm struggling to build the thing and figure out the
> build.xml...
>
> The patch can be seen here:
>
> https://github.com/fge/tomcat70/commit/79e0ab03188e00163ef7f97ca84bd8a8d0815f33
>
> Any comments are welcome!

1. If you want to submit it as a patch for Tomcat, you should attach
it to a Bugzilla issue.
2. Coding conventions:
http://tomcat.apache.org/getinvolved.html
3. ASF software is collective work. @author tags are discouraged.

4. In Tomcat 7 there are  RemoteAddrValve and RemoteAddrFilter.  Both
implement the same filtering, but one is implemented as a valve,
another as a filter.
5. Tomcat 7 has tests written for JUnit. I'd be nice if your valve had
such tests.
To start testsuite you execute the "test" target in Tomcat's build.xml.

You can run a single test by setting "test.entry" property in
build.properties equal to the test name. Otherwise the full testsuite
will be run.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko