2011/10/7 Stephen Caine <step...@commongrnd.com>:
> List users,
>
> I recently updated to Tomcat 5.5.34 from 5.5.7.  Keeping all the
> configuration files the same, I now notice that a jsp page that opens cached
> data whereas before the page always loaded updated data.  The call to the
> page is via a javascript using window.open.

Your description is too high-level.

You need to find what actually happens. Either
a) the page generates stale data
b) the page is not requested by browser (a stale copy is used)

a) happens on server,
b) happens in the browser, but depends on what HTTP headers are
returned with your response.

You need to perform some investigation, what really happens, and
whether it is a) or b).
At least, configure an AccessLogValve in Tomcat.

> Some questions…
>
> 1.  Has Tomcat 5.5.34 introduced some change that might account for what I am
> experiencing?

:/

> 2.  Is there a setting in Tomcat that can be tweaked to address my issue?

See above.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko