On 12/10/11 12:51, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
Something becomes clearer.

Remembering the session as associated with ssoid is performed by
SingleSignOn.associate(..) method. This method is called by
AuthenticatorBase class.

Those webapps with long living sessions - are they protected by
security constraints in their web.xml?

(If they are not, then authentication does not happen and their
sessions are not associated with SSO)/

Yes, they are constrained and once the SSO has been invalidated, they are forced through my standard login/menu mechanism by catching the 403 error status.

My tomcat 6.0.28 compiled class for AuthenticatorBase does not match the 6.0.33 source code I am debugging with. The SSO Valve is pretty much the same.

The 6.0.33 AuthenticatorBase.register() method has a lot of stuff about SSO and it mentions a bug fix number 10040 in some comments that sound quite relevant to my symptoms. I haven't been able to reconcile the source code and can't find the bug report yet.

Brian