ettoregia wrote:
Hi guys,

hope you're all doing well.

Today I'm facing a new challenge, at least for myself.

My system: Linux, the version I'don't know how to realize, since I've got
just an ssh connection and typing some command I've not been able to
discover it, maybe you can help me out on this as well.

Tomcat 6.0.18
Java 1.6

Alright, I need to deploy .war file under tomcat that actually has 4 engines
(5.5, 6.0.16, 6.0.18, 7.0), and as I'm used to, I would put under
/conf/Catalina/localhost, of the engine 6.0.18, a file called
<myAppName>.xml to specify the context path of my webApp then I would modify
the server.xml to specify the jdbc connection and the like. As I've no
rights to modify anything under the tomcat's home the IT guy told me to use
the folder init.d/<myAppName> in order to use any script at boot time to
accomplish the configuration above.

Here comes the problem. I've checked on the web, but the main use of init.d,
is to make tomcat a linux service using some shell scripting language, but
what about the deploy and jdbc configuration? I could not ask the IT guys because we communicate through a ticketing
system and btw they are not so willing to...

Do you have any clue?
Hi.
From the situation that you describe above, let me give you a personal and practical answer and recommendation : get your boss to talk to the boss of these IT guys, and give you a practical access level to that system, or else you will not be able to solve these issues in any practical time. People here are also not going to be able to help you in any practical time, because by not having access to the Tomcat directories, you will not be able to provide answers to the questions being asked.