Mark,

Thanks for the weekend reply.

Too bad SNI in Java 7 is only client side for the time being.

So it looks like:

1. Wildcard certs and restrict server architecture
2. Apache mod_ssl SNI / mod_jk and restrict clients (may not be possible)
3. Traditional one cert per IP-based virtual host on Apache HTTPD and chew up
IP address space.

. . . . just my two cents.
/mde/
( a new record in short messages from me ;-) )