I guess what I'm asking is if I just start using the Servlet 3.0 support
for suspending requests out of the box, will it be a thread blocking
implementation I'm using?

HTTP APR/native is blocking as well, correct?

So if I want to use Servlet 3.0 async (eg, a call to request.startAsync),
and have it be handled without blocking IO, I need to use the NIO connector?

Thanks,

Matt