Leon Rosenberg wrote:
Hello Andre,

sorry for the late response.

Putting a httpd or lightttpd or nginx in front of our staging tomcat
came to our mind too. The problem with this approach is however, that
it
reduces the idea of having a staging environment to absurdity, at
least in technical sense, because its not similar to the production
environment anymore.
In this setup we couldn't make any reliable loadtesting against
preproduction/staging, because its simple not the same as production
;-)

Response 1 :

Well then, put the front-end server also in front of the production system. That'll make them comparable again. :-) Not only a jest : the impact, performance-wise, is likely to be minimal expect in the most extreme cases.