Hello together,

I am using to Tomcat 5.5.26 Servers. I took over the responsibility for this
system some time ago.
Since then we already got the following error message.

SEVERE: Manager [/mywebapp]: Unable to receive message through TCP channel
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

After questioning what this error is about I got no response but the comment
that everything is running fine.
So I haven't searhc after it. But now after having a rollout of new servlet
version we have some serious
performance issues. And now I have to check for every severe error message I
can find.
But unfornatly I haven't found a solution or cause for this.
The only thing which I have found is a posting that this might be a problem of
the tomcats version and
that this might be a bug which was solved in 5.5.28. Is this correct?

The cluster configuration part in server.xml looks like a standard
configuration:

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

        <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"

managerClassName="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager"
                 expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
                 useDirtyFlag="true"
                 notifyListenersOnReplication="true">

            <Membership
                 className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"
                 mcastAddr="228.0.0.4"
                 mcastPort="45564"
                 mcastFrequency="500"
                 mcastDropTime="3000"/>

            <Receiver
                className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener"
                tcpListenAddress="auto"
                tcpListenPort="4002"
                tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
                tcpThreadCount="6"/>

            <Sender

className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter"
                replicationMode="pooled"
                ackTimeout="15000"/>

            <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve"
                filter=".*\.gif;.*\.js;.*\.jpg;.*\.png;.*\.css;.*\.txt;"/>

            <Deployer
className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer"
                tempDir="/tmp/war-temp/"
                deployDir="/tmp/war-deploy/"
                watchDir="/tmp/war-listen/"
                watchEnabled="false"/>

            <ClusterListener

className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListener"/>

        </Cluster>

I found out thatwe are not using the Deployer context. It is just configured,
but both Tomcats servers use a
deployment path on its local storage.

Has somebody an idea?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely

Uwe Hellmann

T-Systems International GmbH
Production CSS
GCU Large Accounts
AC Express & Logistics LT1

Gradestr. 20, 30163 Hannover
+49 511 333 - 1233 (Tel.)
+49 511 333 - 1287 (Fax)
Email: uwe.hellm...@t-systems.com<mailto:uwe.hellm...@t-systems.com>
Internet: http://www.t-systems.com<http://www.t-systems.com/>

T-Systems International GmbH
Aufsichtsrat: René Obermann (Vorsitzender)
Geschäftsführung: Reinhard Clemens (Vorsitzender), Dr. Ferri Abolhassan, Ulrich
Meister, Georg Pepping, Hagen Rickmann, Dietmar Wendt, Klaus Werner
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main HRB 55933
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main

Notice: This transmittal and/or attachments may be privileged or confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this transmittal in error; any review, dissemination, or copying is
strictly prohibited. If you received this transmittal in error, please notify
us immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all its
attachments. Thank you.