> From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Java 7

> I believe I remember seeing some comments on the list about there
> being some problems related to the Tomcat/Java 7 relationship.

Tomcat cannot be built with Java 7, but it can be run with it.  Make sure you
use the latest version of Java 7, since the first couple were pretty unstable.

(The build problem is due to Sun/Oracle adding methods to some Interface
classes in Java 7.  If Tomcat were to implement those new methods, it would
then be impossible to run it on Java 6.)

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.

  • Java 7 AndrĂ© Warnier
    • RE: Java 7 Caldarale, Charles R