I have been using form-based auth for several years.  I understand the
challenge concept where TC puts up the pre-defined login page when the
first page requiring auth is requested.  But I have a slightly different
situation.  I want all of my non-protected pages (guest-level) to include
the id/pw fields at the top of the page.  At any time when the user chooses
to go to the protected area of the site, they enter their id/pw and hit the
login button and it takes them to a page in the protected area.  Basically,
I want to bypass the forced login page if the user entered an id/pw unless
obviously the auth failed on the provided id/pw.

Is there a way to 'force' provide credentials under the covers at the time
the first protected page is requested to get the user signed on without the
intermediate login form appearing?

Thanks.

Jerry