Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the pointer to the CombinedRealm, but, as I've been working with the
test implementation that I mentioned for extending the JNDIRealm, I *think*
that I'm coming to the realization that I was asking for is probably not
possible, or at least not practical, unless I'm totally missing something.

The reason I'm thinking this is that, for example, in the case where I'm
extending the JNDIRealm, in my custom JNDIRealm, I've had to make calls to the
super.setXXXX() methods to set parameters in the JNDIRealm class that I'm
extending, in order for the calls that I then make to the super class (e.g.,
super.getUser()) to work.

Again, I may be missing something, or doing things completely wrong, but if
not, then that means that if I was going to try go design my realm extender to
support all of the normal realm types, my code would get fairly complex,
because it'd have to "know" all of the parameters for all of the different
realm types, in order to set the parameters in the super class.  It was messy
enough doing that for just one realm type (JNDIRealm), and for just calling two
methods in the super JNDIRealm class, but I imagine if I was trying to extend 5
or 6 realm types, all in one piece of code, it'd be a real mess.

Anyway, if anyone has some insight into doing something like this, please post
back.

Otherwise, I think the best approach is to implement one realm extension for
each of the normal Tomcat realms that we'll want to be able to support.

Thanks again,
Jim