> From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: path used for tc-natuve

> which still does not really explain (to me) why Tomcat
> looks for it there. Or is it jsvc ?

Neither - it's the Linux dynamic loader, required to do so by the Linux API
contract for dlopen().

> So how do I install a version of tcnative which will satisfy
> Tomcat6 (which lives in /opt/tomcat6), in such a way that
> Tomcat6 will find it before the ones listed above ?

Put it in Tomcat's bin directory.  I would also remove the obnoxiously-placed
older version, and place that in Tomcat 5.5's bin directory - assuming you can
find it, given the corruption caused by installing ill-conceived 3rd party
repackaged versions :-)

> will this new version of tcnative be happy with the current
> Apache APR library which is also on that system ?

Shouldn't matter, since a real tcnative-1 from tomcat.apached.org is
self-contained; use ldd to make sure.  Don't know what dependencies the
3rd-party versions might have.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.