On Thu, 2011-12-22 at 07:00 -0800, Peter Šály wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to point on wrong setting example for tomcat manager in the
> documentation:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/manager-howto.html#Configuring_Manager_Application_Access
> .
>
> <user name="craigmcc" password="secret" roles="standard,manager-script" />

manager-script is the role to give a user when you want to allow
programmatic access to the manager application.  This is different than
the HTML GUI.

> What should I put in tomcat-users.xml to access tomcat manager web app??

To access the HTML GUI, assign the role manager-gui.

http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html#Manager_application

  * manager-gui - allows access to the HTML GUI and the status pages
      * manager-script - allows access to the text interface and the
        status pages
      * manager-jmx - allows access to the JMX proxy and the status
        pages
      * manager-status - allows access to the status pages only

Dan