On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 1:04 AM, <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> Matthew Tyson <matthewcarlty...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >That's right, there is an f5 load balancer.  The valve is used to keep
> >track of whether the request was via HTTPS or not.
>
> What happens if you go direct to Tomcat and bypass the F5?
>
> >tcpdump seems to confirm the same.  What are you thinking?
>
> Probably, like me, that the F5 isn't handling the Comet requests correctly.
>
> Mark

I am trying to understand how the load balancer could cause Tomcat to
respond with an empty 200 response to a request, without ever executing the
service method on the servlet mapped to the url.  That just doesn't seem
possible.  The inbound request to tomcat is correct, and it is sometimes
handled correctly.   However, much of the time it is sending the empty 200.

Matt Tyson