On 06/01/2012 14:56, sigzero wrote:
> The scenario is that Tomcat (6) is sitting on Windows and it talks to
> an LDAP server sitting on Linux (RHEL). What is the best way to handle
> the Tomcat LDAP account password expiring? I know that the password
> needs to change on the LDAP and the Tomcat server.xml file needs to be
> updated.

You can replace the contents of XML attributes in server.xml with variables.

 <Connector port="${http.port}" />

The variables are taken from conf/catalina.properties which is a Java
Properties file.

You could programmatically update that file and then restart the Tomcat
instance.  You will need to restart the Tomcat instance if 'talks to an
LDAP server' refers to a Realm or DataSource defined in server.xml.

I see no go way to automate that and the only workaround that