> From: Kamal Sheikh [mailto:kama...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat Shutdown

> I'm pasting some information from the logs:

> # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
> #  Internal Error (safepoint.cpp:247), pid=306, tid=140562856904448
> #  guarantee(PageArmed == 0) failed: invariant

Uh oh ... that's really ugly; you have a broken JVM.  This can be caused by
malfunctioning native code inside the JVM process, or it may be a bug in that
particular JVM version.

> # JRE version: 6.0_20-b20
> # Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (19.0-b09 mixed mode linux-amd64
> compressed oops)

You might try turning off compressed OOPs, and see if that helps.

> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please include
> # instructions how to reproduce the bug and visit:
> #   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openjdk-6/

You should probably do the above.

If there's a later JVM available (Oracle is up to 6u30), try that.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.