Konstantin -

> > 1. Have you seen the following page?
>
> > http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html<http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html>
>
> I'm getting there, I'm still perusing the change logs to see what the
> major differences in between 5.5 and 6 are and from 6 to 7.  The
> application was written in 1.6.  Despite the fact that we are a "bleeding
> edge" facility, I'd still have to test and try out TC7 pretty heavily to
> give it my ok.
>
> >2. A bad idea.
>
> >The recommended way is to start from default configuration and port
> >necessary changes from older version (reading the docs in the
> >process).
>

> >3. ConnectionPool comes from Apache Commons Pool + Apache Commons DBCP
> projects.
>
> >Tomcat 7 comes with two pool implementation. One is DBCP one (default).
>
> >Another is newer one, "Tomcat JDBC pool". Its documentation is
> >included into Tomcat User's guide.
>
> >If you are satisfied with the old one, there is no need to change.
>

> >Anyway each connection pool instance can be configured to use
> >different pool implementation independently. (Or a 3rd party pool
> >implementation).

I've put 6.0.35 on a staging server and I'll be running the "feeds" I get
in tandem through it to see if I get any memory improvement over the 5.5
server.  So as I am thumbing through thr old 5.5 server.xml file I notice
something that i've not encountered with 6.x yet.  in the <Connector>
declaration, there is a ciphers attribute as well as a compression one.  Do
these carry over to 6.x?