On 26/01/2012 15:16, Patric Rufflar wrote:
>> I have no idea what the phrase "take the use of" means; what are you
>> trying to say?
>
> I'd like to know if there's some statement from the tomcat team if the
> usage of ThreadLocals within contextInitialized() is discouraged or even
> not supported.

OK. ThreadLocals have no place in a web application. Period. If a
programmer insists on using them, then it is their responsibility to
clean up the mess they leave behind.

Tomcat's memory leak detection and prevention code goes some way to
clearing up things like this but it is never going to cover every case.

Mark