On 26/01/2012 20:00, Benjamin Madore wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry, I'm new to the list and I hope that my first message didn't breech
> some kind of etiquette or do something to get caught in everyone's spam
> filter.
>
> I have spent hours trying to find an answer, and I keep going around in
> circles, I'm not sure where to look next.
>
> Here's my problem:
>
>                 I have inherited a two web applications written several
> years ago. Since the server, which had been installed just before I arrived,
> was rebuilt last month we have not been able to log in to the application.
> We had continued to update Tomcat and Java before the rebuild so it was
> running the latest versions at the time on Windows 2008.
>
> Previously we had been using IIS to redirect the site, however we installed
> the Tomcat Connector.
>
> We use an SSL cert that has been installed in IIS.
>
> The index.jsp page loads fine, but other jsp pages in the site give an
> error. Other sites have no problem, and I am able to view jsp pages with or
> without https.

What error?

Where is the error indicated, the browser, the log files?

> One web app (the eli2117 and 2121 folders) won't load at all after the login
> page, and the other (dataSearch) appears normal, it will reload the login
> page (related to a bug in the application, login was always flaky on it
> unless you were logged into an instance of the former application).

Exactly what does "won't load at all" mean?  What error message do you
see, what are the symptoms (in as much technical detail as you can provide)?

> Other pages (the test directory) load fine.
>
> The eli app uses "response.sendRedirect("home.jsp");" in the login process;
> but it appears to me that even login.jsp is not being recognized from the
> form submit.

Where is login.jsp located, etc, etc?  The paragraph above doesn't make
much sense to anyone who doesn't know what your applications file layout
or configuration is.

> We have a test server running Tomcat 6 and MacOS 10.4 where the application
> works fine. I understand there is a big difference between the two, but the
> budget for upgrades is thin around here. As I said before, it ran in the
> current environment prior to the rebuild.
>
> I would appreciate any hints on where to go from here on fixing the problem.

Give us more information.

> I have logs and I'm getting a 302, I'll send out excerpts if anyone is
> interested.

Can't help without it.

You know what a status 302 is, right?  It's not an error...