Thanks  Ognjen!
Please find my inline comments.

1. By "*.keystore", do you mean keystore or truststore? Do you understand
the difference between them?
- Could you please explain the difference.

2. Is your customer aware that there is no essential difference in term of
security between JSSE and OpenSSL security implementations?

- They may not be, but I shall get confirmation from them.

3. Do you plan to use client authentication via HTTPS or not? You are
mentioning truststoreFile later.
- Yes customer wants to use client authentication.

4. Is your server certificate self signed or signed by trusted CA? If you
don't use client authentication using HTTPS, and your server is signed by
trusted CA, perhaps there is no need to ship certificate with your
application.
- It is self signed.