Am 30.01.2012 16:26, schrieb Paul Singleton:
My standalone Tomcat 6 informs me, at startup, that

The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path:...

Does this library offer any benefit to standalone systems, or is it purely for use with Apache httpd + Tomcat?

Paul Singleton

Hi Paul,

APR is a native HTTP implementation (heart of the Apache HTTP Server). It provides a better performance for handling the http overhead in Tomcat's request processing.

See http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/apr.html for more details.

If you use Apache Webserver with Tomcat you wouldn't use APR but AJP.

Thomas