From: Sanjeev Sharma [mailto:sanjeev.sha...@buchanan-edwards.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 11:18 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: controlling Server Authentication only vs Mutual authentication

Hi,

I work on an java web-app running on Tomcat 7.  The entire application is
required be doing SSL on port 443 (everything is accessed via https://).  Two
different login options are given to the user : username/password or client
certificate authentication.  We employ application-managed security as opposed
to contain-manage (i.e. we don't use realms).  I have the following connector
in my server.xml :

<Connector port="443"
           protocol="HTTP/1.1"
           SSLEnabled="true"
           maxThreads="150"
           scheme="https"
           secure="true"
           keystoreFile="d:\certs\server_cert.jks"
           keystorePass="changeit"
           truststoreFile="d:\certs\truststore.jks"
           truststorePass="changeit"
           clientAuth="true"
           sslProtocol="TLS" />

This forces mutual authentication on anything I try to access using https.  How
can I configure tomcat so that only specific links (a specific struts action
for example) would require mutual authentication or how can I exclude from the
mutual authentication.

Thanks,
Sanjeev.