> asadmin> create-http-listener --listenerport 8009 --listeneraddress 0.0.0.0
> --defaultvs server jk-connector --port 4850

So you're creating a listener called jk-connector (why do you add the -port
4850 btw?

> asadmin> create-network-listener --protocol http-listener-1 --listenerport
> 8009 --jkenabled true jk-connector --port 4850

And you create another listener again with the same listenerport, and again the
port 4850  and again call it jk-connector?

> asadmin> set
> server-config.network-config.network-listeners.network-listener.jk-connector.jk-configuration-file=/home/glassfish/glassfish3/glassfish/domains/domain1/config/glassfish-jk.properties
>  --port 4850

And what would be in this configfile?

The last time I looked at glassfish it was fairly straightforward to enable an
AJP connector using the commands below:
asaadmin create-http-listeren --listenerport 8009 --listerenaddress 0.0.0.0
--defaultvs server jk-connector
adaadmin set
configs.config.server-config.network-config.network-listeners.network-listener.jk-connector.jk-enabled=true

After restarting glassfish you might also  check if port 8009 is accepting
connections. If it doesn't, I'ld advise you to go to a glassfish mailing list
and try your luck there.

John