2012/2/15 Ashish Kulkarni <ashish.kulkarn...@gmail.com>:
> I am trying to configure JNDIRealm in tomcat running as eclipse plugin, so
> i copied ldap.jar in to lib folder, then modified server.xml in my eclipse
> like below
>
> <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
>>      connnectionURL="ldap://myldap.com:389";
>>      alternateURL="ldap://myldap.com:389";
>>      connectionName="CN=user,OU=Enterprise Users,DC=tauck,DC=com"
>>      connectionPassword="password"
>>      userBase="OU=All Objects,DC=tauck,DC=com"
>>      userSearch="(name={0})"
>>      userSubtree="true"
>>      roleBase="OU=roles,OU=Application Roles,DC=tauck,DC=com"
>>      roleName="cn"
>>      roleSearch="(member={0})"
>>      roleSubtree="true"
>> />
>

> In my log file i see it is trying to connect to localhost:389, i dont
> understand what i am missing

Verify that all attributes that you are use are spelled exactly as in
documentation.

There is no attribute named "connnectionURL" (with three 'n' characters).

There should be a warning in the logs about failing to assign value to
an attribute. Recent versions of Tomcat 6 would print one when parsing
server.xml, but I do not know what version of 6.0.x you are using.

> Feb 14, 2012 4:17:01 PM org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm open
>> WARNING: Exception performing authentication
>> javax.naming.CommunicationException: localhost:389 [Root exception is
>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko